Friday, December 12, 2008

The Teacher


Outside the window while the blue was cloudy
Came a butterfly which seemed very gloomy.
It brought to that moment something from the past
Which I could feel as a vacuum in my mind.
The butterfly may not be sad yet I couldn’t feel otherwise.
It was like a stranger in a desert, the butterfly in the city.
Its delicate wings took me miles and miles,
Neglecting the rules of heavens for a few moments.

Why is he so gloomy? Marvel could not just stop.
His wings are free and he could flutter anywhere.
Still , lost in the city and all alone.
Can be the meaninglessness of a life,
Which is only a few months long!
Or the death of a flower which it loved most,
Or it can be the lack of choices while,
Imaginations overtake reality by a few miles.

Outside the window a car passed by with a child,
Whose smile was the most beautiful thing I could find.
I too waved him back with a smile which was lacking for years.
When I came back to the butterfly, it was not there
I could see it soaring away and may be singing a silent song,
But the sadness was gone from his face.
I wonder what happened to his mood during this bout.
And this is why people say, ”Life is crazy.”

1 comment:

  1. Hi don
    I went throught he above two poems...
    Nostalgic and thought provoking....
    renjith

    ReplyDelete